Socialization
The social processes involved with socialization could
perhaps be considered as underrated or overlooked, when considering the normal conduct
of those within any given social structure. Without any socialization occurring,
there would likely be complete irrelevance of any formal structure set up. It
is the mutual understanding of each member of a society that socialization provides
for said society’s strength and endurance, against the passage of time or other
forces threatening to tear it down.
The
processes of socialization exist in different areas, based on each member’s
individual conditions and relations towards others. It is these differing and
distant points of reference that requires socialization to unify the mass
population. Considering those who are of high privilege, those born of low
social standing, and newcomers into the society, it is apparent that some form
of unification is needed to keep mass confusion or perhaps anarchy, from developing
My personal experiences of socialization are by no means
unique or extraordinary. Instead, for me, I would describe it as mainly
adjustments as necessary. My socialization first began with town located in the
state of Massachusetts.
The location
and environment that I can first remember socialization, was residing on the
shores of a lake that straddled the state border with New Hampshire. As for
reasons I am still to this day unaware, when the lake froze over in the
winters, residents from either side of the border played against each other in
games of Ice Hockey. This being an obvious example that I learned from in the
concept of a competitive society, was expanded by the make-up of those teams.
The teams involved were constructed so that any person thirteen or older was
included on the opposing sides regardless of gender. From this setup of
competition I can see how I not only view genders to be considered equal, but
to also consider that age is not a requirement to compete with when pursuing
success. Possibly, my view that those who are older than me are a source of
learning, yet still only a competitive marking point, could be attributed to
such competitions with those who were senior.
I see that Socialization
is in no way guaranteed to be a simple discernable or definable process.
Instead I see it as an individually customized requirement. And as such requiring
an individual to have a progressive attitude or at last have a strong need to
be.
No comments:
Post a Comment